Unity 4.0 vs Concept 2.5: Upload Variable

leon78

I need do upload values from PLC to initial values of variable.
I can use Online - Upload in Concept 2.5 or 2.6.
But I can not do this in Unity.
I try use PLC - Update Init Values with Current Values. But this function update init values only in PLC, but not in my project in PC. I can not upload this project from PLC. I have not memory for download upload information.

Under the plc menu in Unity there is an option to transfer data to file. This will allow you to save all your data tables from the plc to a file on the pc. You can configure this to save some or all of the data tables. Then when you do a download you use the transfer file to plc to restore the data

hope this helps
Geoff

GeoffC said:
Under the plc menu in Unity there is an option to transfer data to file. This will allow you to save all your data tables from the plc to a file on the pc. You can configure this to save some or all of the data tables. Then when you do a download you use the transfer file to plc to restore the data

hope this helps
Geoff
But I will not have new values in project on PC.

But I will not have new values in project on PC
True, but they will be in a file on the pc
You can have multiple files and save the values from the plc at different times (initial state, running, fault etc) you can then choose which to restore.
Really useful for fault finding, capture values at a certain time then restore them to the simulator

GeoffC said:
True, but they will be in a file on the pc
You can have multiple files and save the values from the plc at different times (initial state, running, fault etc) you can then choose which to restore.
Really useful for fault finding, capture values at a certain time then restore them to the simulator
Many thanks, but I use this for other purpose in Concept:
1. I store adjusting variables in 4x registers.
2. The operator can change adjusting variables from HMI.
3. If I need update project, I make change in old project.
4. I do export variables in first file *.txt.
5. I connect to PLC with new project and do upload 4x registers from PLC to initial values in project.
6. I do export variables in second file *.txt.
7. I compare first and second txt files.
8. If I need, I change some initial values in project.
9. I download project.
How I can update initial values in Unity project?

Dont worry about the initial values in the project
To achieve the same result as your 9 step process do the following
1. read values from plc to file
2. modify project
3. download project
4. download data values (the operator values will then be restored)

Alternatively go to the tools menu select project settings then enable 'virtual connected mode'. This will allow you to modify the project offline and then when you connect you then build which will download only your changes. The plc stays running and the data tables are unaffected. I use this method all the time