Unity Pro reading Concept

Arcticmonkeyy

Hi All, First time poster and PLC novice so please bare with me.

I currently have a M340 which will be going into a cabinet, this M340 will be expected to read a 171CCC76010 which is also connected to the network.

The M340 will send messages to some signs and will basically show the same message as the signs which are connected to the 171CCC76010.

I dont have an NOE which iv heard would be useful to IO scan, so i believe the way forward would be using a read_var function block?

I'm just wanting to know how can i read the old style address which is in concept software and change it into the new style addressing that's in Unity Pro.

I am pretty good with the m340 but have never worked with the part number given. from SE's website it looks like you can do I/O scanning from the processor adapter unless your m340 does not have an ethernet. So there a section for reading from m340 and a section to write to the m340(I am basing this all on the youtube video for the part number). It looks very similar to setting up I/O scanning with an NOE card. you would want to set ever thing up in the write section. if you can not change the program of the part # given then a read_var every so many seconds would work.

remember I have never actually did this it just looked like it would work to me.

let me know if I can be further help

Holding registers: %MW = 4x
Coils: %M = 0x
The 1x and 3x registers in the M340 have to be mapped in IO configuration, but that's not usually needed.

The M340 counts from 0. The Momentum counts from 1. So %MW0 is the same as 40001. Modbus protocol always counts from 0.

Holding registers: %MW = 4x
Coils: %M = 0x
The 1x and 3x registers in the M340 have to be mapped in IO configuration, but that's not usually needed.

The M340 counts from 0. The Momentum counts from 1. So %MW0 is the same as 40001. Modbus protocol always counts from 0.

Yeah. OBJ type 'M' or 'MW' on M340 side
if you want read from Concept MB address 21 to 31, then on M340

Obj = 'M', start = 20, amount 10

Same for words, only 'MW' changes.

If you need to read from several registers areas, keep on mind that M340 can read / write simultaneusly on Eth side 8 or 16 different read / write_var blocks simultanously.
(Don't remember exactly, but it is sayed somewhere on manuals.)

If you need read more than those 8 /16 blocks same time, then you need to make counter which enables diffrent read_var blocks so that there is allways only less blocks triggered than max amount.

(if you would use serial, then only one block can triggered to coms)

With seperate ethernet card it would be easier with io-scanner.

Especially because CPU with ethernet is pretty much same price than CPU without inbuild ethernet and seperate ethernet card.

But if you can't change CPU type anymore then you need read a lot of manuals depending how much data you need to read.