Communication of Micrologix 1200 with Wonderware on ethernet

manasi

Dear All

Please let me know the procedure of communication betwenn micrologix 1200 and wonderware on ethernet (TCP/IP). Which driver i need to install

Regards,
Manasi

I believe you can use the DASABTCP driver that is provided on the I/O servers CD. Selecting SLC500_TCPIP object should work.

gmferg said:
I believe you can use the DASABTCP driver that is provided on the I/O servers CD. Selecting SLC500_TCPIP object should work.

Actually I am having total 3 nodes on ethernet . out of 3 nodes two are SLC5/5 and 3rd is micrologix 1200. using ABTCP ( AB ethernet direct) i can communicate with SLC-5/5, but i cant communicate with micrologix.

can you please explore the steps i need to carry out for micrologix 1200 communication.

-Manasi

It looks like I should have steered you toward the DASABCIP driver instead. It has options for SLC 5/05 (SLC500_EN object) and Micro with ENI (ML_EN object). Make sure you uncheck the selection that says must be enabled for Micro 1100.

I found these options within the latest version 4 of DASABCIP. This is also included on your I/O servers CD.

I've never personally used these so let us know how you come out.