RSLogix program files <-> DirectSOFT ?

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
I have a very basic question regarding DirecSoft(the programming software for the DirectLogic PLCs).
Is there an equivalent programming style to replicate the use of different program files in RSLogix to organize the code? Or you have to have all your ladder logic arranged in one long "program file"?

Thank you very much!

The closest that I know of is to use the LBL (Label) command to set up different areas or routines within the same (one) file.

There are some others, such as SUB and JMP for the Subroutine commands. Really, the main difference is that Directsoft keeps everything in one big file that can be divided by labels or subroutines. I have written subroutines as separate programs in Directsoft (for development ease), then after editing, combined them into one large file. You can have two copies of Directsoft running, and copy rungs from one version to the other one.

But all rungs must wind up in one big file. You can create an Index on the first rung that shows where each routine begins and ends, as in this example.

url]

Last edited:
I dont work for them and I do not have any inside info, but I think they'll probably be adding that to the software soon being that they have the "CLICK" software that includes the above options. at least I hope they will be! the click software is a free download, I also is has drag and drop which is nice.

That would be great!
I cannot imagine myself dealing with a 100-rung long "file", so I was thinking about using DirectLogic only for small projects.