Panelview plus 1250 colour issues

vk_bt1

I have some issues with the colours on a PVP that we are working with. Some real nice layouts have been generated by a graphic designer for us, and they look great in Rs View ........ however..... once downloaded the colours go all "neon-ish" for want of a better term.

I read in other posts that the PVP's have the capability to utilise 16bit colour. A double check of the images shows they are indeed 16bit. Any idea's why its having issues? Is there a setting, or are the palete's incompatible, or perhaps a setting somewhere I've missed?

If the images are saved in paint as 256 colour they come out ok.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I think I have seen what you describe, and I think my fix was.
Make sure before loading the screen to the PV+ software, that the pixel count of the layouts fits with pixel count in the PV+ , so that you do not need to scale the graphics to fit the PV+ .
Any scaling needed to be done by a graphics editor Outside of Studio ME

Hi Gil47, thanks for your response.

I tried setting the project to 800x600, then inserting the images in (which are also 800x600), and still got the problem.

The method I'm using to insert them is as follows:

Object > Drawing > Image

Then with grid and snap on, dragging a box the size of the screen.

After this I point it to the graphic in question.

Is this method possibly the issue? If so, what is the correct way to do it?

Cheers.

Hi Gil47, thanks for your response.

I tried setting the project to 800x600, then inserting the images in (which are also 800x600), and still got the problem.

The method I'm using to insert them is as follows:

Object > Drawing > Image

Then with grid and snap on, dragging a box the size of the screen.

After this I point it to the graphic in question.

Is this method possibly the issue? If so, what is the correct way to do it?

Cheers.
Your method appears OK to me.
I was of the belief that PV+ screen size is set by telling the project that you have a PV+ of, in your case PV+1250.
If your graphics object you are inserting onto the screen is smaller pixel wise than your screen size scaling wont be needed
I think the scaling problem I remember was when I tried to make an object slightly larger or smaller once on the screen .

In that case I'm not sure if I'm setting the project up 100% correctly. The only place I really had to specify the Panelview Plus Model (1250 in this case), is in the RS linx enterprise setup. Otherwise it was just the screen resolution in the project settings.