AB Panelview Plus 1250 - Does not load application and boots to windows

Hatandboots

Hey guys, I'm at a bit of a loss with a problem I'm having with some PVP 1250s and hoping for some advice.

In firmware and application version 12 (CPR 9 SR 12), I have made a couple different projects and generated runtime files. After I downloaded the runtime applications to the panels via the transfer utility over ethernet/IP I have been seeing some odd behavior after the panel restarts.

1. The network configuration on the panels is wiped. The IP and gateway show as 0.0.0.0 where before they had a static IP. This shouldn't have changed with the download and I have to manually set the IPs over again in the terminal config on the panel. This only seems to happen when I download a new application, but if I power cycle or reset the panel it keeps the IP. I did not check to replace communications or anything so i'm not sure why this happens.

2. Instead of loading the application and running, it boots to windows CE and stays there. I can then double tap the shortcut for ME and get it to run, but the application is not loaded. I can then load and run the the application fine. This happens every power cycle.

My fix for this is to flash firmware based on this link:
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/175033

This did fix it the first time I had this issue on my testbench, but I recently had this happen on a site. I was not very thrilled about that and am worried about downloading to another panel now.

Anyone experience this? I don't think I'm doing wrong as far as I can tell. I've been doing this for awhile now and done many downloads on this same environment so I'm not sure what changed. I'm wondering if its a known bug or firmware thing you have experienced?