How to run a VNC Server on a PanelView Plus 1250

acampos

Hello, I recently installed an **** Flexy 201 so we could monitor our PLCs (one SLC 500 and one Control Logix) remotely under a VPN.

One of the features that it has is the ability to broadcast the HMI screen to any device with a browser for remote monitoring. This requires the PanelView Plus 1250 (each PLC uses this model) to run a VNC server.

I was using this page to instruct me how enable the VNC it: https://theautomationblog.com/remotely-controlling-your-a-b-pvplus-using-vnc/

Unfortunately when I get to the part where you activate the VNC server, I find the option is grey, not red, which means it is "not available on this platform".

Does anyone know how to get it working?

I believe I read that I can load it and install it, but I'm not sure where to find the program. I found many open source VNCs online that are compatible with Windows CE, but I would like to see if I could get the official Alton Bradly software before trying something open source.

I also tried using the View Point service, but Factory Talk View ME isn't installed either...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!