plc programming for reading resistance

glukane

how do i write a ladder plc program to read in resistance (from a resistor)and compare it's parameter if it meets it's certain range then it will display it's output.

What do you have so far?
We also need more information in order to assist you, such as, plc amke & model, software used, device you are using to measure the resistance etc.
The more information you can provide, the more we can provide adequate assistance.

I am using quadtech lrc1715 to read in resistance and omron zen for plc, plus omron software. (if resistance meets parameter then I want to show output display)

I personally have little to no experience with Omron, so cannot help you, but I'm sure some others out there can offer some advice.

Merry Christmas

You will have to better define your problem.
Looking up (briefly) that LCR meter, it's, well, an LCR meter.
How are you planning on interfacing to the PLC?
Communications link? Analog? Psychic?
What are your requirements on accuracy?
Where is your 'Reference' value located? In the PLC? HMI? Index card?
What have you tried so far?

Back to fundamentals. Any resistance reading is taken by either putting a current through the resistor and reading the voltage drop or putting a voltage across the resistor and reading the current. Depending on hte range of resistor you are dealing with you need to create either a controlled voltage or a controlled current and read the other parameter into your PLC.

Only real option on a ZEN would be 0 - 10vdc analog input.

Of course that would require the correct ZEN unit.

You will need to use the Analog Comparator instruction to make the determination if this value is correct.

Hope this will help.

I have nearly 50 ZEN units. I use for simple chores. I posted to subscribe, because I would like to know to what extent they can be used. I know are cheap and fun. I gave one to my boy.