Panelview Plus 1250 internal CF.

vasile

I accidentally formatted my internal CF (AB cat. no is 2711P-RW1) and i was wondering if buying a new and too expensive card would be the only option. Right now when i get error 40 exe check, i guess thats because the operating system windows ce is missing and also i cannot do any firmware upgrade because of that. I am a student, learning this on my own time and 300-400$ for another CF card is a bit too pricy for me.
If anyone has an ideea of what i could do so i can reinstall software on CF PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
Thank you.

If you don't mind me asking, what were you trying to do when you accidentally formatted it? Was it the classic: panelview falls on the ground, breaks open, flash card falls out and lands in reader, in the scramble to catch the terminal, mouse falls on floor, lands on the right button when cursor is hovering over "f: drive", bounces, lands on left button, starting format process, you lean over and head hits enter, then when the "are you sure" window pops up you rush your mouse over to where the cancel button should be and mash the left mouse button only to realize that you are running Linux and the buttons are backwards from windows, bam! the drive is formatted - situation?

Seriously though, maybe your local Rockwell distributor could help you out. I've seen this topic come up before and I didn't remember seeing a solution.

This is the first box in the troubleshooting flowchart: "Did you mess with it ?" :confused:

Because each of those cards contains a Windows CE license, there's no practical way to build them in the field. They aren't supposed to be removed from the terminal, and as you found out just prior to your formatting, there are hidden partitions that contain the compressed operating system and other data.

If you are experienced with the linux "dd" function and have access to another terminal, you can replicate the CF card image from another terminal onto the formatted one.

Since you're a student, you can likely get some help from your local RA office, if you ask nicely. If you can't get help from them, send me a PM on the Forum.

Hello Ken, I have a similar problem and I have no way to copy a CF from another panel, is there no possibility of getting the image of one of those CFs?