Graduate research/Control logix

Ashwin

I am working on developing a fuzzy logic program using Function block on the control logix plc.

My problem is that I can get my values but am not able to generate the "logical sum", if you know what i am talking about. I just need some leads on how to proceed. My advisor being out of town i feel handicapped.

Last edited:
Define logical sum. No I don't know what you mean by that and neither does anyone else judging by the number of replies you have received so far.
ANDing ADDing and AVEreging is easy to do in the Logix5000 the instructions are available.
Logical summing??? What is it?

OK, now using the info from this site CG Weight Calculation you would sample the output at multiple points on the graph. Add up all the weights (1). Also at each point multiply the weight times the distance from the zero point. Add these to another accumulator (2). When you've done this to all the points divide (2) by (1) which will give the distance from your reference to the center of gravity of the output figure. Seems simple enough. Now do it on a PLC! (Multiple thanks to Google) [Edit] Actually it looks like you'd use the weight at the point closest to your calculated center of gravity. OK, that's about all the fuzzy logic I can take.

Last edited: