Stepper Home Flag - Ideas?

I need some advice on where to purchase a home sensor flag for a stepper motor application. I need to detect a flag moving across the sensor. In the past I have seen the slotted optical switch type used in this application but I cannot find any drop in solutions (that do not require PCB soldering etc). I just want to mount it, give it power, wire the input to my PLC and go.

Will an inductive proximity sensor produce repeatable sensing a flag passing across the face of the sensor? I cannot use fiberoptic sensors in my application due to the movement and number of axis.

Thanks

Similar Topics

Hello all, I'm working on a project involving stepper motors that is currently utilizing Allen Bradley hardware/software, but I'm transitioning...
Replies
Views
Im hoping someone might be able to provide me with an example of bringing two axises in to a home switch (X,Y), then moving them out to a set...
Replies
Views
HI everyone! I am trying to use a Micro850 to control a SureStep (Leadshine) Stepper drive (DM805-AI) from Automationdirect. I have no trouble...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, This is my first time posting, so please forgive any omissions or mistakes. I am attempting to control the velocity of a stepper...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon, I am hoping somebody can advise me on a make/model for a stepper drive. I have a failed ACS drive that worked wonderfully. I am...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom