Windows 7 beta and RSLogix5000/RSLinx

Operaghost

Just in case anyone was curious if it works or not. I had to log in as Supervisor to setup RSLinx drivers and setup activation.

This is a Windows 7 beta installation running in a VMWare v6.5 virtual machine.

RSLogix5000_Win7.jpg

From what I have heard Windows 7 is just Vista renamed.
Lipstick on a pig?
Anything that worked (or didn't) with Vista should
be the same with Windows 7.

I was attempting to run RsLogix 500 8.10.00 / RsLinx 2.54 on VMWare 1.0.8 and ran into trouble setting the drivers for RsLinx. I tried the EIP driver and it would let me do everything, but once I hit OK, the driver did not show up in the list. Anyone have any similar issues and find a work around?

If you are using Windows 7 you must login as the Administrator to do this. Which means you have to dig into how to turn on that user and set it up so that when it boots up it asks you who you wish to login as.

From the run/search type in "control userpasswords2" without the quotes to access this info.

I had the same issue when I first set it up. ENET, ENET-IP it just kept disappearing after I applied it.

Once I did this, my normal user could use the drivers.

OG