Windows 11 / Studio 5000 / System Platform 2003

dalporto

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all.

I received two identical brand new Dell desktops from a customer to install the softwares for a project.

The first one is for a standalone InTouch installation using SP2023, the other one for Studio 5000 and a bunch of other softwares.

The plan was to use V34 firmware on Logix Designer because if I remember correctly V35 wasn't officially supported against System Platform 2023 last fall.

Anyway.

We specifically asked the customer to have Windows 10 Ent installed on the desktops, and believed it or not, the customer wasn't listening.

I'm pretty sure that I'll be experiencing enough trouble with some of the old sofwares anyway, far worse than what I'm guessing with Studio 5000 and SP23, but eh.

So, before I ship that back and because I cannot find any clear answer, did someone has experience using W11 with Studio and/or SP2023? Or did someone tripped on that information?

I can send an eMail to find it out from the providers, but I prefer to know from people actually using it.

Thanks.

I can't speak for System Platform, but I've got every version of Logix from V10 to V35 installed and working on Windows 11 ARM. Some of the versions had a few quirks and tricks to get working, but from memory, V34/V35 have been straightforward and painless

Thanks.

I unplugged it so I cannot check right now, but I think it's Windows 11 Pro X64 only, if it's even possible.

I found a couple topics regarding Windows 11 here and I was wondering what was that ARM thing, I just looked it up.

I saw that Aveva listed Windows 11 as a supported OS but so far it's been already painful just running it on Windows 10 Ent and I'm not sure I want to find out on site that something is causing problem.

Rockwell does not list it, but that would be less problematic if if doesn't work than the "main screen". Problem is mainly that Studio 5000 will be on that engineering station with other software that I already have to run in Windows 7 or even Windows XP compatibility mode to make it work (brand new speed switches, they never updated the software since 20 years).

I don't know what to do about it.

Not sure there is a way to downgrade from 11 to 10 with a brand new out-of-the-box installation. Before, I was rebuilding PC's to start fresh about just for fun of it with a DVD (CD back then?)copy of Windows 7 / XP, now it's just boring.

If it works on ARM, it'll work on x64. Rockwell software is written for x64, and ARM has to emulate it.