Installing Studio 5000 on Windows 10.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,
I'm installing Studio 5000 Logix Designer on Windows 10, and I have this issue.
When I installed Studio 5000 on Windows 7 (using the same DVDs), I was able to install versions 21, 24, and 27.
Now on Windows 10, I don't see the options to install versions 21 and 27. Is this restriction due to versions 21 and 27 not being compatible with Windows 10, or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!

Keep in mind that some versions don't work in Windows 10
you need to check with RA to see that works
if you need the older versions then you have to use a Windows 7 VM

I have versions from 20 to 32 installed on Windows 10.

Most work as installed fine, but some of the newer releases need to have the Compatibility set as:
Compatibility Mode for: Windows Vista SP2
Run As Administrator checked

I do this under the Change settings for all users menu

Also, Launcher needs to be run as Administrator or it won't be able to start LogixDesigner when it is set to.

Thank everybody for your responses.
Here's my situation now . I have a DVD with versions 16 to 30. As I said I installed version 21 and 27 on Windows 7. Originally, I was not bale to see/instal versions 21 and 27 on Windows 10.
Running the Setup.exe file as Admisnitrator from the DVD, now I can see the option to install version 21, but still not 27 (closest is 28).

I tried to run the Setup.exe in compatibility mode for Vista SP2, and even Windows 8, with no results: version 27 is still not being displayed as an option.
I checked on the Rockwell download website, and there's only one revision for version 27 (27.00.01). So probably the same version I have on my DVD.

I'm clueless. Those who have version 27 installed on Windows 10, could you please give me more details on how you guys managed to install it?

Thank you!

You should be able to go to Rockwell's website and do a managed download of Version 27, provided you have the product key / license #, correct? Since you have some version of Rs Logix 5000 already installed, you should be able to go on the web and get any version you need?

May bad, I had though V27 was on my DVD, and it wasn't...
I had the download somewhere on my C drive. Installed it, made it compatible with Vista SP2, and now it's up and running.
Thank you!

for the record, I am running 10 thru 32.

Install as Admin, Disable UAC.

Sorry if this is an old thread.
I am about to make a new VM based on Win10 (my old RS/Studio VM was Win7), and it seems the old version of RSLogix require .NetFramework of 1.0 which isn't supported on the Windows 10.

I have tried to install each version starting at v7 and only v16 had started (although there were some issues with installation).

Once I installed v18 which came with the netframework 1.1 I was able to install v17 v15, v14, v13...(which was previously failing).

I have installed everything from V10 and up individually and sequentially in Windows 10. When I get to dotnet 1 required, I think around version 14 or 15, I install it with dotnetfx.exe found in the system folder of versions 17, 18, or 19 installers.