programming Thermocouple module with Siemens S7-2xx

Siemener

Hi,
I've wired the Thermocouple module, and done some testing.
Everything seems fine from the Wiring and reading the value point of view.

however, I'm now trying to understand how I can program it to controll the Over-shooting, which I understand can be done by configuring a PID.

unfortunately, the material I've had chance to read, were pretty difficult.

I am looking for assitance in order to under stand the P, I and D, of the PID!!

As this is a vast area, I would appreciate some help specific to my environment.

Kindest Regards

MicroWin has a PID wizard that may be of help to you, also the help files for the wizard are pretty good. Or do a search here for P,I & D plenty to read.