Help communicating to 1794-ASB/E Flex IO with a Control Logix 5561

ChuroChurp

Hey guys,

I am trying to get my DHRIO scanner on my control logix to communicate with my 1794-ASB Flex IO scanner. On RSLogix5000, I had set up the DHRIO scanner module in its proper slot. I can download this configuration. However, when I add the adapter (1794-ASB) there is a problem downloading. I have the dip switches set all on so the starting group is 0 and the rack number is 0. I am only using 1 input module and 2 outputs on my RIO. I have the scanner cable selected to scanner B. I also added these modules to RSLogix5000, but i still get an error. The PLC shows that channel B is communicating OK, but the CH B LED flashes red. I have done everything the manual suggested, I am using standard addressing and all adapters and remote IOs have been addressed correctly according to the manual. The error I get is says invalid link address. Does anyone know what the error might be? I have tried everything.

Just had a thought:

If I am using standard addressing, in RSLogix5000 do I list the slot number as 0,1, and 2 respectively for my input and 2 output modules or do I list it as group 0,1, and 2 respectively and have the slot number as 0?

Please clarify the settings on your DHRIO module. There are 6 rotary dials (3 for each channel).

Hey guys,

I am trying to get my DHRIO scanner on my control logix to communicate with my 1794-ASB Flex IO scanner. On RSLogix5000, I had set up the DHRIO scanner module in its proper slot. I can download this configuration. However, when I add the adapter (1794-ASB) there is a problem downloading. I have the dip switches set all on so the starting group is 0 and the rack number is 0. I am only using 1 input module and 2 outputs on my RIO. I have the scanner cable selected to scanner B. I also added these modules to RSLogix5000, but i still get an error. The PLC shows that channel B is communicating OK, but the CH B LED flashes red. I have done everything the manual suggested, I am using standard addressing and all adapters and remote IOs have been addressed correctly according to the manual. The error I get is says invalid link address. Does anyone know what the error might be? I have tried everything.

If Channel B is flashing red, that means one or more nodes are not responding in the I/O tree.

-cable not wired properly, try switch the Blue and Clear
-no termininating resistor on both ends
-Baud rate is wrong
-1794-ASB not configured properly