Help communicating Weintek with SLC5's

Jose_76

Hi everybody,

I'm new to Rockwell/Allen Bradley and need some help here.

The client has 4 SLC5/04 CPUs in the plant, all in a DH+ bus and connected to a RSView32 SCADA computer (PCI Card, DH+ Bus).

I need to connect a cMT-SVR100 to these PLCs, but none of them has ethernet connection and cMT-SVR supports both DF1 and DH485 but NOT DH+ (Ouch!).

Is there any way I can do that?
Maybe can I get the data out of RSView32 and send it to the cMT-SVR? How?

Thank you very much!!

Just took a look at the product brochure:
https://dl.weintek.com/public/cMT/eng/Brochure/cMT_Brochure_ENG.pdf

Am I wrong in that the only way to connect this HMI to a PLC is via OPC UA ?
Rockwell RSLinx can be an OPC UA server, so that could be a way.
What I dont like about that is that it requires a PC which if turned off, you also lose the connection between the PLCs and the Weintek HMI.

Am I wrong in that the only way to connect this HMI to a PLC is via OPC UA ?

You can connect this HMI to PLCs directly. I've already done that with Siemens, Schneider and OMRON PLCs. It can also comunicate with AB PLCs via Ethernet, DF1 or DH485 (DB9 port).

Rockwell RSLinx can be an OPC UA server, so that could be a way.
What I dont like about that is that it requires a PC which if turned off, you also lose the connection between the PLCs and the Weintek HMI.

I don't like the PC dependency, but that solution, at least, is a proposition to be made. How can that be done? I'm absolutely new to AB and RSLinx

Hi welcome to the forum! Attached is a way to use RSLinx as an OPC Server. It shows one how to do that using Linx and Excel, but perhaps it will help you along enough to configure it as a server to your other equipment. This was posted by another person a few years back and I copied it for future reference. Hope this helps.

Hi welcome to the forum! Attached is a way to use RSLinx as an OPC Server. It shows one how to do that using Linx and Excel, but perhaps it will help you along enough to configure it as a server to your other equipment. This was posted by another person a few years back and I copied it for future reference. Hope this helps.

Thank you! I'll check that

Does the HMI support using a DH+ gateway? A 1756-ENBT and 1756-DHRIO in a 4 slot rack will allow you to connect to a DH+ network via Ethernet using standard CIP protocols.