cpu 314 IFM info

jerry_belle

hello everyone,
i have siemens cpu 314-IFM ver 1.2 but my problem i have no mpi cable to commnicate with my pc. Is there any other means to communicate with my pc. can i used ethernet connection or a profibus. i am new user of siemens. i buy this second hand cpu for practice but the mpi cable is expensive.

Hi,
As far as I know, you need a MPI card or an MPI PC adapter. There are several manufacturers of these interfaces (IBH soft, etc).
Once the PLC is configured, and if you have an ethernet cp installed, you may communicate using ethernet.
With a PN/DP CPU you could communicate directly via ethernet, but those CPUs are more expensive.

Hope it helps.

Similar Topics

Hello to All, Recently I install a CP343-1 Lean to communicate with a CPU 314 IFM, however I can't go online when I'm connected via CP343-1 Lean...
Replies
Views
Hi to all i have cpu 314 ifm with mpi interface only and without any cp what is the practical steps to communicate it with wincc v6.2 sp2? can...
Replies
Views
Dont know if anyone can help, We have the stated processor and all of the LED's on the front are flashing, but in a particular order, as...
Replies
Views
Hey'up We have a Siemens S7 314 IFM plc. On the cpu is 6 leds; SF BATF 5V FRCE RUN STOP All these leds are flashing except 5V which is on...
Replies
Views
Hi guys... been a very long time since I've posted... I have a few machines here from the Czech republic that came with siemens plcs in them...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom