WinCC 2008 Problem

pasimanninen

I Have siemens touch panel 177a and software has made with wincc older version than wincc 2008.

If i convert older software copy with wincc 2008 and download to panel with new operating system, panel I/O doesnt work correctly. Instead i installed hf3 fix updates to wincc2008, but it still doesnt work. What is a reason why I/O between plc and panel doesnt work correctly.
Compiling dont tell any errors.

Now i restore old software copy to panel and it works.

your screenshots are not readable but they look familiar. usually the code for initializing one card is divided into two LAD files and the N file is used to store init parameters. if the four counter cards are all going to use same parameters you can reuse N file.

Thats true Panic Mode! Screenshots looks familiar , but only few function or button works correctly. You told N file , What y mean, how i can find N file.

I just have to ask:
You have used the "Compile All" function ?
Especially after lots of editing, and especially after migrating from a previous version, you absolutely must use this function.

Btw. I cant see any screenshots.

Ok i used "compile all" function.
I found what was reason for unstable functionality.

First i convert original wincc 2005 project file to wincc2008.
But my wincc2008 hotfix3 is wasnt installed.

Then i installed hotfix3 to wincc 2008 and i convert again original wincc 2005 project to wincc2008.

After that project works well and editing was easy.

Allways install first hf3 to wincc 2008.
http://cache.automation.siemens.com...1796860_DL/readme_wincc_flexible_2008_hf3.pdf

http://support.automation.siemens.c...objaction=csview&extranet=standard&viewreg=WW
Thanks for All :)