Panelview_C600_2711C

p_logix

Hi I have a question on a panelview c600, 2711C.

I added the I/P address in the unit, disabled DHCP.
Successfully I connected to the panelview through my web browser and was able to build my screen which included all buttons.

I am going to interface this panelview with a PLC 5. I have set up my PLC 5 through a Ethernet connection, configured through RSlinx. I am communicating and can go on line with my PLC 5 through my Ethernet channel 2.

Now I assume my panel view does not have to be added in links am I correct? As I can Connect to my panelview through my web browser and when I check my configuration it says it is valid.

Now do I just have to set up a ethernet message in my rslogix software and my plc 5 will see my panelview because they are connected on the same level?

Assuming my tags are created properly?

Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

Last edited:
PanelView Component comms

Since you posted this awhile ago, I'm guessing you've probably figured it out by now. PanelView Component does not interact with RSLinx at all - all you need to do on the HMI application side is configure your controller addressing and then define your tags. Whatever you need to do on the controller side should be as it always has.

Depending on the version of RSLinx that you use, it may pick up the PanelView Component - but show it as an 'unknown device'. Not a problem, since there's nothing in Linx that you can do with a PVC anyway.