Data Format for Analogs in Compact Logix

arunsinha

Is it possible to use a Data Format of "REAL" (Floating Point) in Compact Logix for Analog I/O Modules? I've read 1769-UM002 and 1769-UM011. UM002 seems to indicate that when dealing with Analog I/O modules, you can only work in DINTs...

Thanks,

Arun

After you bring in the raw value you can scale it, move to a real, etc. however you want to use the data in your program. For the most part though your value you read in and send out will be a scaled DINT.

Similar Topics

We recently had a 1794-L34 (v16) FlexLogix system with 1794-ACN15 ControlNet adaptors converted to a 5069 (v30) CompactLogix controller with...
Replies
Views
Hi All, in many library function of TiaPortal some data must be write using the pointer format........ eg.: P#DB90.DBX0.0 WORD 10 is it...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Data logging in factoryTalk view has stopped suddenly, i cannot able to find the reason. Then i tried creating new datalog models...
Replies
Views
Hi, just wondering if I could get some advice when setting up function blocks (Currently using Siemens S7) using a STRUCT data format. Say I was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a point that I dont understand about data types and transfer. For example when we transfer a real data or dint data with sint comm...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom