Changing 1794-IRT8 Data Format in Studio5000 ladder

RonJohn

Lifetime Supporting Member
We recently had a 1794-L34 (v16) FlexLogix system with 1794-ACN15 ControlNet adaptors converted to a 5069 (v30) CompactLogix controller with 1794-AENTR Ethernet/IP adaptors.

The 1794-IRT8 Data Format was set in the processor via ladder logic turning tags ModuleName:0.C.DataFormat8 - ModuleName:0.C.DataFormat11 on/off. Default is °C (0000) but we use °F (1000). Since converting, this logic no longer works for some reason. Every time power is cycled to the processor, the module converts to °C. I'm surprised that anything would need to change with this logic as the module configuration bits look the same for both systems. The integrator has not been able to resolve this issue, so far.

Is this a matter of the Ethernet/IP adaptor, the CompactLogix processor or something else and how do we fix it? Thanks in advance.

Additional info: After the power cycle, ModuleName:0.C.DataFormat8 = 1, the module configuration in Studio5000 indicates Data Format = °F but the data comes in as °C.

Thoughts?