Enabled output on Ge 90 micro restart

Icefire

Well I got a problem with my program or the PLC.

When I stop it to update the Logic and get it back in RUN, when Proficy ask me if OUTPUT ENABLED (have to click ok), at least one output get high When it shouldn't, which I really don't want.

In the pdf is the code where there is a problem.

R0106 is current time HHMM

001,300,600, etc are time at which the logic start to dose.

R00005 is the lenght of time of dosing (63.6 seconds)

So when I stop the PLC and restart it, R000165 is running, Dosekalk is on and the oAdditive is too so I'm dosing will not needed.

What you have in your PDF is not your problem. You need to see what value is being loaded into R00106.

What is the value of R00106 when your program restarts?
What triggers the timer R00165.

When you enable outputs on change to run it does not cut them on. It allows the program to turn them on if the logic dictates it.

According to your PDF if R00106 = 00001 then output Kalk1 will come on when you start your program. If this is not what you want you need to see what value you are loading into R00106 when you download. I bet if you set that to zero then when you restarted nothing would come one. Atleast for a minute anyway.
Or what ever is keeping time loads a value into R00106.

R00106 is a result of a logic to extract the time of the day from SVC REQ 7, so on the first scan, it should have the time in it. It's a BCD4 to int.

Timer R00165 is trigger by the logic posted, if the time is equal than Kalk1-6 will activate the timer on the front pulse.

Looking in the program, the initial value of R00106 is 1104 which would not trigger anything.

I really don't understand why it do this, because R00106 get the time on the 1st scan.

Here's the complete logic for my aquarium. Alarms are disabled in the logic.

Edit, just tryed again, still dosing at start-up...

Looking in the program, the initial value of R00106 is 1104 which would not trigger anything.

I really don't understand why it do this, because R00106 get the time on the 1st scan.

Edit, just tryed again, still dosing at start-up...

Please forgive my ignorance if I'm wrong, it's been years since I done any GE work. The problem happens when you alter logic and then try to go to run again? I'm thinking the last time you saved your project, it just happened to be the time of day you would have been dosing. So the problem might be the value in your saved project for R00106 is 00001. Then after the first scan the PLC puts the correct time into R00106.

I am not the best with GE I see a couple of functions in there I do not know.

I can suggest a rather crude fix. At the top of your program create a Activation bit.

This bit is turned on when first scan is over.

This will give your R00106 time to reset to the correct time.

I can say that the value in R00106 is your issue, just not really sure why it would be.

Icefire,

I can think of a number of tests or "traps" for you. My GE is so rusty I could not do Steve's logic.

restarttimer.jpg

This one will wait for one scan to pass before the timer can be active

logicaloneshot.jpg

This one will tell us if one of the equals is starting your timer

oneshottest.jpg

I duplicated rungs 2, 3, 5, 15 - 17, and 63 on the IC693UAA003 that I have here. It works fine and does not turn on the dosekalk coil when I stop/restart the program. If I change the value in %R165 to something less than 652 while the program is stopped, the output turns on when I restart.

When you download your program changes do you download initial values? If so, try downloading without initial values to see if that helps.

Well I removed all off delay and used timer instead.

When I download I sometime check all boxes and sometimes only Logic...