CompactLogix Nonvolatile Memory Load / Store Not Enabled

habadeer

I have backed up programs to a CompactLogix SD card probably fifty times in the last 3 years, so I am very familiar with the process. For some reason this CompactLogix L36ERM 5370 is not allowing storage of the program to the SD card even though the card is installed and the PLC is in remote program mode. See the attached image.

So far I've tried swapping the SD Card with no change. The SD cards are the cards made by AB.

Has anyone else ever encountered this? I'm worried that there is a problem with the controller itself.:confused:

Screenshot from 2021-12-15 07-42-21.png

Last edited:
Just asking the easy questions.
Is there a lock on the sd card? I think there is a wiper switch for read versus read/write.
Do you have another sd card that you can swap out?
Is the card pushed in correctly?
When you pull the card out do you see the connections on same side as sd card?

So after about an hour with tech support they finally stopped making me jump through hoops and conceded that the PLC is faulty. That explains why there was so little with regard to this issue.

Thanks Jim3846 for the reply and ideas.