Wonderware and I/O

Duranthas

Lifetime Supporting Member
I recently had a thread getting help (thanks robertmee) with setting up wonderware windowviewer. Well all that was going well till I started setting up the windows for the remote stations. The problem I have is that inputs and outputs aren't changing state but timers and internal bits are working just fine. For instance, on node 3 the SLC/05 processor shows this
I:4/1 true
I:4/2 false
I:4/3 true
I:4/4 false
Yet in both the SMC and windowviewer they show something like this
I:4/1 true
I:4/2 true
I:4/3 false
I:4/4 true

The state of the input being displayed in Windowviewer isn't matching what is actually happening in the processor. The same is true for outputs, but as best I can tell timers like T4:1/13 and internal bits like B3:0/13 work exactly as they should.

Any idea where I should start looking? I thought perhaps I was mislabeling the tag so I tried many variations (I:4/01, I:04/01, etc etc) but nothing seems to work.

Thanks

You should move the I/O to internal memory and then read them there.

This is because the WW driver skips/ignores open slots in your rack. What else it does silly, I don't know, but it's in a tech. note somewhere. But just never read I/O directly and all will be well.

Last edited:
Yea, thats an old wonderwhare WHAT from way back in the day too. So, just move the I and O bits to B bits and they will all read fine. I find it much easier to do it this way then trying to make it read the I and O bits.

Well thanks for that fellas. I read through the user guide and a few of the other pdf "books" installed and didn't see anything like this being mentioned. I have to admit, this is pretty darn weird....
Thanks again.