Logix 5561 to MS Access

pacak

Dear All,

First of all I have to tell you that I am new to AB, I used Siemens before, so if I ask sthing strange, correct me!
My question is related to the communication between a Logix5561 and an Access application. It works at our location with SLC processors using DDE, and I have to adapt this to the 5561.
In the Access application there is a line:

INTBLK = DDERequest(channelNum, "n9:1,l41,c1")

but as I know, in the Logix processors addressing is different, and I will not have data files like the one above (N9).
The guy who will write the software for 5561 told me that he will put the necessary data in one or more arrays, and I will have to deal with these arrays.
Any help is welcommed!

Regards,
Attila

P.S. The PC and the 5561 will communicate through Ethernet, and we have a software called RSLinx single node - cat # 9355-WABSNENE

Dear All,

First of all I have to tell you that I am new to AB, I used Siemens before, so if I ask sthing strange, correct me!
My question is related to the communication between a Logix5561 and an Access application. It works at our location with SLC processors using DDE, and I have to adapt this to the 5561.
In the Access application there is a line:

INTBLK = DDERequest(channelNum, "n9:1,l41,c1")

but as I know, in the Logix processors addressing is different, and I will not have data files like the one above (N9).
The guy who will write the software for 5561 told me that he will put the necessary data in one or more arrays, and I will have to deal with these arrays.
Any help is welcommed!

Regards,
Attila

P.S. The PC and the 5561 will communicate through Ethernet, and we have a software called RSLinx single node - cat # 9355-WABSNENE

You can map SLC/PLC5 file addresses to a Contrologix tag using the Map messages feature. The tagname N7, and array of INTS will be accessed anytime a SLC or PLC5 makes a request for file #7 N7

map_message.jpg

Curlyandshemp,

Thanks for the answer, but I am still in the fog!
This mapping thing is not very clear for me. I won't have any PLC5 or SLC5 in the new system, only a 5561 communicating with MS Access.

What I would like to know is that can I simply replace the address N9:1, and the lenght l41 in the DDERequest in Access (the expl. above) with a 5561-like address and length (and do the necessary changes in RSLinx), or I need to do something else?