Factorytalk View ME button

mhuntwork

I am looking for a way to have a momentary PB action to acknowledge an on screen instruction that will also serve as a close display command.

I don't know how to make a momentary button close the screen and I don't know how to make a close display button have a momentary action on a tag!

I know this should be easy but I am short on time so your help is appreciated.

Use a Close Display button and check the box "Write on close" on the General tab. Put a value to write to the tag in the "Close value" box. On the Connections tab, put in the tag to receive the value. I've not tested it, but you can probably write a value of 1 to a boolean tag.

Your PLC logic would need to unlatch the tag, or zero an analog tag, after you execute the logic triggered by the change of value of the tag.

The write value on close can also be used with some plc logic. The value written to the tag can be decoded with logic in the PLC. The PLC then writes a value into the PLC tag that is setup as a remote display pointer in the Global connections. The PLC can decode the value written on close then write a screen number into the remote display tag. You will want to have a timer that samples the remote display number tag and if it is not zero for say 10 milli seconds then write a zero into the tag. The reason for this is that a zero value must be written back into the tag is so the operator can change displays, if you leave the tag a non zero value then the operator cannot change displays.