LogixPro Batch mix Lab

kevilay

Hello I've been working on this for about 2 hours now. I was searching on the forums and haven't had much luck. My program works as it is supposed to. The only problem it has is when the stop is pressed while it is draining it stops properly. But when the start is pressed it just starts filling and it should resume draining. Any help would be appriceated, here are pictures.

Last edited:
have you not been taught anything about shift registers or sequencers yet? this is the best approach, with a shift register it wont start the next step unless the current step is complete (e.g low level switch -(|/|)- would return the process to step 1 - filling)
look in the help files in Logix Pro.

LH

have you not been taught anything about shift registers or sequencers yet? this is the best approach, with a shift register it wont start the next step unless the current step is complete (e.g low level switch -(|/|)- would return the process to step 1 - filling)
look in the help files in Logix Pro.

LH

no I haven't heard anything about that before.

When you stop the system, then start it again, while O:2/3 is still off, on rung 1, the Pump 1 will start again.

You should be able to use a few bits with latching instructions to keep track of which step you are in, and only move to the next step when the previous one is complete, regardless of the state of your RUN LIGHT.

When the system is first started, latch B3/01 and call it STEP 1.

When the first step is complete, unlatch B3/01 and latch B3/02.

etc, and so forth.

Be sure to provide a method to reset the system to the first step in case you really do want to bail out mid-sequence and start all over.

Paul

yeah just as OkiePC said, break it down to each step / function then pick something in each step which you can use to pulse you onto the next step. It is achievable just using XIO & XIC contacts but becomes very messy and you will have to latch/unlatch each step as you go or you will find e.g. whilst heating an inlet pump will start.

In the help menu click on student exercises, they explain how to use counters to achieve this.

LH;)

I have the program " LogixPro BATCH_SIMULATOR_EX_A2 (1) " but I have no explanation, give me the explanation of the program please

The point of logixpro is for you to learn and teach you. So I would recommend you go thru the exercises and either make your own batch simulator or learn enough to diesect it yourself. What it is supposed to do is in the exercises on logic pro.