Need help with timers in STEP7

Pandiani

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello guys,

I have one small problem
Idea is:
1. After time 10 s set "Step1"
2. After 8 s, set "Step2" and reset "Step1"
3. After 5 s, set "Output and reset "Step2".

I'm using PLCSIM. I know that when timer 2 is elapsed, step 2 is set, and at the same time Step1 is reset. Since Step1 is input to second timer, it's output is reset as soon step1 goes to 0. Because of that, timer 3 is not even starting.
One solution is to use temp variable and set/reset instruction.
This is shown in the second .pdf.
I wonder if there are more elegant solution to this?
Thanks

Can you provide a timing diagram for what you want to accomplish? Do you want #Output to stay on after T3 if the input stays on or do you just want it to pulse? Can #Step1 stay on after T2 completes or must it reset?

Keith

Don't know if it is more elegant
Q0.1=Step1
Q0.2=Step2

If you want only a puls put Q0.0 at the reset of T1

hehe.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you guys.
Lauu, you surely know how to write clean and simple code, hehe....