micrologix 1100 and a modem

tdwsn

i am trying to get on line via a wavecom modem connected to the plc.
i have connected the cable correctly as per other threads on here, but cannot see the plc in rs linx. are there certain AT commands needed for a ML1100.
thanks

Hi,

Here are a couple of things that can sometimes cause issue (or things that have caught me out!!)

Ensure you have the DATA number for the remote SIM card, not the VOICE number.
I always make sure the modem baud rate is fixed (ie not AUTO) eg - AT+IPR=19200 (say).
ATS0=2 Auto answer set to 2 rings...
AT&D1 ON > OFF DTR (changes to command mode)

As far as i am aware you need nothing special for a ML1100 - we have several out in the field and talk no problem!

Hope this helps...!

Rob

Similar Topics

Hi, i'm working on a project where I will have to make a comm. between a Micro1100 and a phoenix modem. My question is : Am I on the good way if...
Replies
Views
Hello again, I'm trying to make simple system to detect high power consumption and send SMS with alert. I'm using MicroLogix 1100 and...
Replies
Views
HI, Iam using micrologix 1100 with westermo GD01 GSM modem,i need ladder diagram to make the plc takes orders form sms massage,i am working on...
Replies
Views
I am trying to dial-in to a MicroLogix 1100 PLC with a Multitech MT5634ZBA modem. I have used the US Robotics to ML1500 article on this site and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I cannot find the DLCA1764.EXE utilty software for data retrieving. Can someone share the link to download this software. Thanks!
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom