water level line monitored

buhnen

Hi everybody,

I'm programming a routine in RSLogix 5000 for a regulation level in a tank. I'd need to monitor the increase / decrease of such level (no need of a high accuracy for that monitoring ). I'm using a LIT (Level Transmitter) as an analogic input to drive the signal to the PLC.

What urges me is not to know the exact values of the level but to know if CURRENTLY the level is going high or down. I've been thinking of sampling that input signal, let's say, each 5 seconds and compare the current read value with the previous one. So I could know whether the level is going up or down. During those 5 seconds the level can stabilize itself (there will be level fluctuations) and therefore the LIT's readings will be more reliable. What I really want to get is an energized OTE for when the level is going up and another for when is going down.

Does anybody suggest any better programming way or specific instruction in RSLogix for doing this?