IBM laptop??

eastkodakguy

I was just wondering if anyone else out there has an ibm laptop with a swappable floppy and cd/dvd rw. Any rockwell software that requires a key takes forever to boot up when I have my cd drive in the bay. Mainly due to the fact that it is trying to find drive A for the key so it looks for at my d drive for it then it starts looking at my hardrive, then back to my D drive. It does the back forth thing for what seems like forever. When I put my floppy drive A into the bay no problems ( doesnt take long at all) If anyone has had this problem please let me know how you solved it
thanks
Dallas

I remember in the ICOM, (before Rockwell), I could put a DRIVESEARCH= parameter (or something along that line) in my Config.sys.

I think you can still do it with the ROCKSOFT.INI file. Search the AB website for particulars.

The solution's in THIS Knowledgebase article... đź““

I've had similar problems with other software that looks to the floppy drive. On my Toshiba, I have the CD drive in the bay, and keep my floppy in the 'external' box. When I see stuff taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r, I connect the floppy and life goes back to normal (or, as normal as can be expected)... :D

beerchug

-Eric