SLC 5/05 help

bellest

Greeting all,

I would like to program a 5/05 to turn on an output after 4 parts are loaded in the proper sequence.

If the parts are loaded out of sequence, I prefer that the operator be forced to unload all parts and start again.

Any advice and examples are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Masonblue

How would you write this program!?

First you need to define EXACTLY what you want to do? What are the steps? How can you detect that a step is complete? Etc. Etc. Etc.

Try it first, then show us what you have and tell us what problems you're having. You won't learn if we do it for you. It's really not that difficult of a program.

I1 L2 L3 L4 L1
[ ]--[/]--[/]--[/]--(L)

I2 L1 L3 L4 L2
[ ]--[/]--[/]--[/]--(L)

I3 L1 L2 L4 L3
[ ]--[/]--[/]--[/]--(L)

I4 L1 L2 L3 L4
[ ]--[/]--[/]--[/]--(L)

L1 L2 L3 L4 ote
[ ]--[ ]--[ ]--[ ]--( )

I1 I2 I3 I4 L1
[/]--[/]--[/]--[/]--(U)
L2
(U)
L3
(U)
L4
(U)

I hope I didnt just do your homework.

Ozee,
I will be using 4 prox switches for the part presents.
The steps will be PP1, pp2, pp3, pp4, then enable an output.
This logic will be used as a permissive for an automated welder.
Thanks for the responses all.

First step in any automation project is to define what you want to do.

MAKE A FLOW CHART. Show each step. Show the transition condition between each step.

Hey Smoke the program looked good until rung 3, you automatically say part 4 loaded if the first three are loaded. What if part 4 never showed up? Need to add part 4 present.

Hi guys,

Following Smoke's lead, here is what I ended up with.

I was hoping or thinking there would be a less bulky way to accomplish this....I'm still open to sugestions.

Thanks again all

Hey Smoke the program looked good until rung 3, you automatically say part 4 loaded if the first three are loaded. What if part 4 never showed up? Need to add part 4 present.

I have been doing a lot of online changes lately. Been dragging from other lines. Of course I did this offline. I dont know how many times during this process I removed a contact from another rung thinking my dragging was just a coping.