Win NT v 2000

Tony.Morgan

One of our sites propose to upgrade their SCADA PC. The manager of this site would like the new PC to operate under Windows 2000 as opposed to NT like on the old machine.
Having little experience of this system I believe Fix & RSLInx would need to be upgraded to run on Win2000 possible with a cost of £550.
Any thoughts on the merits of 2000 over NT?

Well,
Personally I think that 2000 Pro is by far a better OS than NT or any other Windows software to date. :eek: I have several PC based sytems that are running 2000 Pro and have had little or no problem from them. Until just recently I used 2000 pro on my desk top pc that I use for my CAD and code development and found it to be far far superior to 98. My system would often lock up and some times even reboot while in the midst of a drawing or while hammering out some code. bawling Most all of the problems I had with 98 went away with 2000 Pro.

W2000

We have currently upgrade and installed many new iFix packages on W2000. This has been great for us. We have not had any problems with this setup. At the same time we have also upgrade to faster computers and this also helps. The older NT4.0 would sometimes give us the blue screen. I am not sure what version will run under W2000, but it would be bes to ask an Intellution Rep.

Craig

OS Preference

I would select 2000 over NT, but so far I have not worked with a more reliable and configureable OS than XP Pro. If it means a learning curve to go from NT to 2000, you will be better off going direct to XP. In the long term you will not regret it.

Have Fun,