Omron I/O addressing question

fredjohns

We got some machines from one of our plants that is closing and the machines are controlled by Omron C200H-CPU01 Plc's. the machines came with no documention or copies of the PLC programs. With the help of you good folks here, i was able to purchase the correct software and communication cable and get copies of all the programs. Since I dont have the original programs with its documention, the copies of the programs I was able to pull out of the plcs have no documentaion with them. I have been tracing wires to the plc modules when i have problems but not sure how each module is addressed so i can look at my saved protrams and figure things out when their are problems. The one I was working on today had 4 slots and then the cpu unit on the right side of it. The first module from the left was a C200H-OD215, the next module was a C200H-ID215 and the third module was a C200H-ID215. The fourth slot has nothing in it. I know how the addressing works on allen bradleys but have no idea what the address numbers would be for these 3 modules. If i can figure out the address for each module, i will be able to find them on the download copy of the program. If anyone has any suggestions or knows how they are addressed, I would greatly appreciate it. Once again I would like to thank all of you for your help in the past.
Fred Johns
Day Timer, Inc.

Both modules are High Density, multi functional modules. If set up for discreet I/O the "Machine Number" rotary switch on the front of the card is required to determine the address.

To determine how the modules are being used we would need the dip switch settings from the back and the machine number from the front.

Manual #M11W133E13A299 will guide you on their functions.

Down load from:
http://www.omron247.com/Industrial-Automation/Store/TopCategoriesDisplayView_-1_10051_10051

Or a google search found:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=M11W133E13A299&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

Hope this helps

Fred,

I would like to make sure that you understand the C200H is a discontinued product, meaning you will not be able to replace the cpu unit should you need to.

Current options would include updating to C200H alpha or CS1.
Both of these would use the existing I/O modules. CS1 (current product) would require some re-addressing.

bluebyu (as always) is right on track with the explanation of addressing for your modules.

Let us know if you have any questions.

The modules are being used for discreet I/O. The switch settings on the front of the modules is as follows. Starting from the left and working towards the CPU.
1st. Output Module switch setting 6
2nd. Input Module switch setting 4
3rd. Input Module switch setting 0
4th. Output Module switch setting 2

I had made a mistake on my original post, the output modules are OD219 and the input modules are ID217 From what i have been able to find out today they are 64 pt. modules, two connectors going into each one.

I have been able to purchase another CPU on ebay that contained four cards. It ended up costing me 175.00 but at least I will have a spare cpu if I run into problems down the line.

Fred Johns
Day Timer, Inc.
www.daytimer.com