PLC5/30 not seen by RSLYNX

jb1

Good morning..I'm trying to test a PLC5/30 processor using RS-LYNX...but the RSLYNX software does not communicate / find the processor. The processor does not have any program loaded into it, since it's been sitting around for quite some time. Any ideas....? I tried a known "good" processor that does have a program loaded, and the software has no problem "seeing" / "communicating" with it....

Give us some more details... How are you trying to comm with the PLC5/30? DH+, serial,...?? Comm parameters?

See link below for RSLinx serial set up.
You might try defaulting the processor by removing the battery then reconnect it.
Also check the processors dip switch make sure its set for RS232. ( see pic below

DipSwitch.jpg

Attachments

• rslinx_setup_serial.pdf
    130.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: