FT View GoTo Button

junior

Is there a way to have a goto button in FT View 5.0 Me trigger an event in the PLC when pressed? I know there's no connection so you can't link it to a tag, but is there something where the screen the goto button diplays, can have the startup macro turn a bit to 1 in the PLC?

Another questions I have is, if you have 3 goto buttons linked to diplay are there any parameters in FT View to know which of the 3 goto buttons was pressed?

You should be able to configure a macro to run when a screen is opened. Or disguise another button as a "go to" and have it configured to run a macro that does two things: one write to the bit, two open the screen

Hi,
you can use Global Connections -> Display tab -> Display Number to link opened display number to PLC tag. Later you can check that tag for change. Important: You have to configure unique display number for each display!

You should be able to configure a macro to run when a screen is opened. Or disguise another button as a "go to" and have it configured to run a macro that does two things: one write to the bit, two open the screen

The problem is that I don't know which go to button the user pressed to open up the new screen. I can't find a way to send a message to the PLC that the user pressed goto button 1 instead of goto button 3

You can go to global connections and setup a tag to monitor the screen that the terminal is currently on. Make sure that each screen number is unique. Then you will know when the screen has changed.

Thanks for the replys guys, but I think there might not be a solution to my issue.

I have 3 goto buttons and each of them opens up the same screen, but the data on the newly opened screen will be different depending on which goto button was pressed, so I need to put information back to the PLC telling it which goto button the user pressed to load up different sets of data for the newly opened screen. Also, the newly opened screen is a "on top" screen so I can't assign a number to the screen.

I think the only way to implement this is to create a 3 ontop screens linked to each button. This is not bad if you have 3 buttons, but if you had 30 then that would be inefficient.

Jr.

[QUOTEjunior Thanks for the replys guys, but I think there might not be a solution to my issue.

I have 3 goto buttons and each of them opens up the same screen, but the data on the newly opened screen will be different depending on which goto button was pressed, so I need to put information back to the PLC telling it which goto button the user pressed to load up different sets of data for the newly opened screen. Also, the newly opened screen is a "on top" screen so I can't assign a number to the screen.

I think the only way to implement this is to create a 3 ontop screens linked to each button. This is not bad if you have 3 buttons, but if you had 30 then that would be inefficient.

Jr. ][/QUOTE]

What are you trying to do, acheive indirect addressing in the PLC to display different data? Are the graphics the same on all 3 screens, just 1 is Pump 1, Pump 2 etc?

If so then you should be using parameter files!

If you define/describe exactly what you are trying to acheive, then we can possible help some more...

Instead of using goto buttons, use regular momentary pushbuttons. If you have the screen tags setup in the global connections, then you can force it to a screen (make sure you put a zero back in the screen though, otherwise it will be stuck on that screen). Then you know what button was pressed and what data to display.

The problem is that when you're doing a ontop screen, then you can't assign it a screen number so you can't call it up from the PLC. RS should incorporate this into FTView.

What I'm trying to do is I have 3 compressors and I want to create a pop up style window that will display the status & information about each compressor when an operator presses on the compressor. The pop screen is the same for each compressor except the information (size, capacity, etc...) changes from between the compressors. In the plc the information is stored in data tables, & when the operator presses on compressor 1 to display the information, then the plc will copy the information from the required data tables to another data table which is linked to the pop up window, so no indirect addressing is used.

If there was a way to have the goto button also write to the PLC or have the ontop screens given a number everything would be easy.

The problem is that when you're doing a ontop screen, then you can't assign it a screen number so you can't call it up from the PLC. RS should incorporate this into FTView.

What I'm trying to do is I have 3 compressors and I want to create a pop up style window that will display the status & information about each compressor when an operator presses on the compressor. The pop screen is the same for each compressor except the information (size, capacity, etc...) changes from between the compressors. In the plc the information is stored in data tables, & when the operator presses on compressor 1 to display the information, then the plc will copy the information from the required data tables to another data table which is linked to the pop up window, so no indirect addressing is used.

If there was a way to have the goto button also write to the PLC or have the ontop screens given a number everything would be easy.

If all you want to do is develop a popup, then use parameter files!! This is the way that you do popups in ME, and I think also SE.

Look at the examples included with ME...

I have this working with over 65 devices spread over 5-6 popup screens, valves, DOL's, VSD's, SS's, Analogue Alarms....

I've got it working now with parameter files. This was my first time using them and I didn't realize how easy they were to use. Thanks for the help guys.

I've got it working now with parameter files. This was my first time using them and I didn't realize how easy they were to use. Thanks for the help guys.

Good to hear, (y) you can actually get even smarter with them when you have a play, on 80% of the parameter files that I have, there is only 1 tag, but the popup has up to 10-15 tags in some instances, all referenced back to the 1 tag....

:eek:

For SE only

This is not for ME but those who wants to want to change screens on SE based on PLC values. You can try this tech note.
It works fine in my case I have 31 different screens and I change from one to another based on a plc integer value.
Tech note # 22007 on knowledge base.