versamax analog channel programing

Pugal

hi,
I am new to PLC programming. now i am doing a mini project using PLC to control the temperature of liquid.I have RTD and it's signal conditioning circuit, GE Fanuc micro PLC with versamax software. i want to know how can we control the ON and OFF of heater with in perticuler Temperature. My PLC have two analog channel.

help me pls. If possible Send some examples

In the hardware configuration for the VersaMax PLC you assign %AI addresses to the two analog channels and select the signal range, either 0 - 10 volts, 0- 20 mA, or 4 - 20 mA. In each case, the numeric value you see in the %AI register will range from 0 to 32000.

The VersaMax instruction set includes a "Scale" instruction where you can enter the minimum and maximum %AI values and the corresponding scaled values.

With the raw data scaled to actual temperatures you can write logic to control the heaters. If you can tolerate some variation in temperature, use a simple control. If the temperature falls below some level, turn the heater on. When the temperature rises above some higher value, turn the heaters off. If you need finer control, the instruction set includes a PID function.

Post some part numbers and I'll see what I can do. Include which software you're using. Your description in the original post was so inconsistent that I would need to make assumptions about both the hardware and software you have available. It wouldn't do you any good if my assumptions turned out to be incorrect. In GEFanucspeak, "VersaMax" refers to hardware, not software.

Tell me enough about the "RTD and it's signal conditioning circuit" to allow me to tell you how to set up the scale function. What signal level corrsponds to what temperature.

PLC details

GE Fanuc
Versamax micro controller
1c200ual006-ch
(13 digital i/p
10 digital o/p
2 analog i/p
1 analog o/p)
( It useVersapro software to program )

In VersaPro, double click on "Hardware Configuration" in the folder browser.
Then right click on the picture of the PLC and select "Configure Parameters" and then "Analog I/O".
This is where you select whether each analog channel is to be configured for a voltage signal or a current signal. If you select voltage, the range is 0 - 10 volts. If you select current you have a choice of either 4 - 20 mA or 0 - 20 mA range. The correct selection for your application depends on the signal conditioner for your RTD sensor.
Your VersaMax model cannot directly accept the signal from the RTD. You mentioned a signal conditioner in your earlier post but you neglected to include any information about it. In oreder to go any further, you need to know if the signal conditioner provides a voltage or current signal and what temperature corresponds to what signal level. For example, your signal conditioner might output a 4 mA signal at -100C and 20 mA at 600C. That's just an example. You'll have to read the data sheet for your equipment to get the correct numbers.
The default address for the two analog input channels is %AI0018 and %AI0019. The data in %AI0018 and %AI0019 will range between 0 at minimum signal level and 32000 at maximum signal level. If you program a RANGE function in your ladder logic, you put the value 32000 at the "IHI" (Input High) node, the value 0 at the "ILO" (Input Low) node. You put the temperature value corresponding to the highest signal level (600 for the example I cited earlier) at the "OHI" (Output High) node and the temperature value corresponding to the minimum signal level (-100 in the example) at the "OLO" (Output Low) node. Put %AI0018 or %AI0019 at the "IN" node and a %R address where you want the scaled temperature value to appear.