Implementing feedforward on PLC5 PID

TConnolly

Lifetime Supporting Member
PLC 5/20 using PD type control block
When implemetning a feedforward control do ya'll use the .bias or do you just add the feed forward to the PID .out before sending to the analog output?

I need to turn a sharp corner and after an afternoon of tweaking it appears that I'm going to have to resort to a bit of feedforward.

I use the .bias because the anti-reset windup implementation accounts for its use.

Similar Topics

Hello, I have a project where I need to use a CLX to communicate with a 3rd party device that exchanges data via XML formatted commands and HTTP...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am working on designing a new HMI interface using InTouch. Now I want to implement an easter egg but it's becoming quite arduous...
Replies
Views
Hi all, For the sake of organization and consistency would it make sense to group devices found in the unit's control panel (E-stop/safety...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have an application where I need to implement an override of a temperature trip. Essentially, this is a distillation column, but when...
Replies
Views
Here is a post that will assist in implementing the Omron CX Server DDE. Utilizing the CX Server DDE Manager will allow us to provide a link to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom