PLC5 Rung limitations

jwstw

What is the maximum number of contacts(xic/xio) that can be put into a single rung in PLC5 RSLogix?

How many branches can be put on one rung - is the limit 4 nested branches - what about extending down a branch - is there a limit? Thanks for the help in advance. JW

I've made rungs with quite a few extended branches in them, never tried to see how many it could take, but its at least more than a dozen. It doesn't make for an easy to read program though.

Don't nest branches unless you have to. Not only is there a limit on nesting, nests also require more overhead and execute slower. See http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=43027