PLC5 Symbol Descriptions, and rung Comments.

Maverick

I'm Loosing Descriptions of PLC5 Symbols when I go online with PLC. Ussually I can merge the files, except for this time it blows by the pop up screen to do this.

All this started when I wanted to look at a PLC in the field to help our electricians troubleshoot a problem. I the DCS SA and really haven't delt much with PLC's. The program version that the PLC' thinks it has is version5, the version it is running is 7. I made a copy of seven and called it 5 for the purpose of going online with it. I've had to to this in the past. Usssually I get the pop up that says to either create a new file or if I find an existing file ie version5 I can Merge with it. RSlinx blows by this screen. Any help.

Last edited:
There were a couple of other posts on this site within the last two weeks. I don't have the time at the moment to find it for you, but I know it is there. Make sure that you are not just grabbing the online now icon, as that will just upload the PLC file and ignore what you have open.

What I just did to fix. I saved the Project as 08 with a complete save of the databases. Then I opened the 06Project and went online. Again I lost my rung and symbol comments. Once online I went to tools, database, Native Import, Searched in the folder I had saved the 08 to and chose it. Hit import and there they are.