S7 200 WinCC connections??!!

Tarek_Ashraf

Hello,
I’m a student and in my project I’m using a PLC S7 200 CPU 222 connected to WinCC flexible 2005 SCADA system via RS232 PC/PPI cable and USB/serial converter…and attached my communication settings for both WinCC and Micro/Win….and I have configured the dip switches of the cable so that switches 2 and 5 are set to 1….(2 for baud rate of 9600 bytes and 5 for PPI(M Master))…so I have made a sample project just to check the connections….downloading the ladder to the PLC was successful but whenever I try to transfer the project from WinCC an error appears (check your settings, interfaces, cables,….) so could you please help me to find what’s wrong with my settings….
Thanks….

Untitled-1 copy.jpg Untitled.jpg Untitled2.jpg

I see in the pictures you're mixing MPI and PPI settings. MPI is 187500 baud, PPI can be used at baudrates between 300 and 38400. Make sure you're only selecting PPI in all screens.

Kind regards,

thanks for replying Mr Jean but unfortunately in the WinCC transfer settings i cant find PPI settings there's only serial,USB,MPI/DP and ethernet....and by the way i've tried all of these connections and the same error appears...should i change the panel or something? if not what else could be the problem?
Thanks

You are mixing apples and pears.. The transfer function in wincc flex is for transfering your HMI project to panels or another PC.. You don't need to do it to connect to PLC.. Just try running the project. Then see if you have connection.

that depends on the type of connection PPI,MPI,DP,ETHERNET or A MODEM....specify its type and use them in the transfer settings in wincc and ask for more details..