PIC Problems

When trying to use our 1747-PIC (Allen-Bradley) we are having problems geting online. Even if the driver is already configured, it will still not let you on. The only thing that has worked is to toggle between 9600 and then back to 19200 on the baud rate. After just toggleing between the two it will go online. I am running WIN 98 as my operating system and useing RS Linx Lite version 2.40.00 to communicate. Has anyone seen this before? Is this a normal operating procedure? It only has this problem with the PIC.
As always all input is appriciated.
Chad Kirkbride

It seems I have always had querky little problems when using the 1747-PIC comm module. I do prefer the PCMCIA card and SLC cable when I have it available. But sometimes I get to a job and see I left this cable somewhere else and have to use the 1747-PIC. What I usually do when this happens is to open RSLinx and set all the drivers for manual start-up, then close it out. Open Linx again then select the driver for the PIC module and start it up. Some of the equipment I service has very early model SLC 500's and everything is set at 9600 baud, other sites have 19200 baud so I find I always have to fiddle with the baud rate. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that has PIC problems.

Thanx Dan

PIC

Thanks Dan, I will try what you have suggested. I would like to be able to move away from these 1747-PIC's but, sometimes I still need to use them. Thanks again
Chad