problems downloading direct to a 2711-B5A2 with a 1747-PIC

charlieknox

I am using RSLinx (Lite 2.43.01.23(CPR6)) and a 1747-PIC box to download a PanelView program (made using PanelBuilder 32) directly to a PanelView 2711-B5A2. There is no processor involved. I'm using a 1747-NL1 to power the PanelView. When we try to download the app to the PanelView, we get "Error (8009) Device LC-1 has no DH485 port or is not connected to the same network as the PanelView Terminal". The LC-1 is the name of the processor of the PLC we will be connecting to eventually, but it is not in the mix at this point. What do we need to do to get the PB32 program downloaded in this scenario? Thanks in advance for any help you can render. Interestingly, we can UPLOAD the program currently in the 2711-B5A2, but if we try to download it back unchanged, we get the same error, with "compact" in place of the "LC-1", presumably "compact" is the name of the processor the PV was hooked up to before I bought it on eBay, and of course it's not here, either.

Thanks !!

Charlie

WAG,
The first thing that comes to mind is the node address. Make sure RSLinx and the PV have different node addresses. Also different then the processor that will be connected.
Does RSLinx see the PV?

Yes - the PanelView shows up fine in RSLinx, and we can upload from the PanelView, it's trying to download a different PB32 app to the PanelView that doesn't work, and gives the error message "Error (8009) Device LC-1 has no DH485 port or is not connected to the same network as the PanelView Terminal".

Thanks Mickey !!

Charlie

HMMM?
Can you post a screen shot of RSLinx's RSWHO and your .PBA ( panelview program)?

Have you tried using the File Transfer Utility? (see PDF below)

Also below is from PanelView32 help file:

Error 8009 - Device (name) has no DH485 port or is not connected to the same Network as the PanelView Terminal

Problem

Network Node Address is not valid.

Solution

From the Setup tab in the Application Settings dialog, click the Comms Setup button and enter a valid node address.

Allen-Bradley Company, LLC, Copyright © 1993-2002, All Rights Reserved

Last edited:
Hi Charlie,

What version of PanelBuilder 32 are you using? I had a customer using and older version and had the same issue... or something very close

Mark

Success !!!

Well, it turns out it was the Catalog & Revision number that was causing the trouble - it was set at FRN4.10-1.xx, and my PanelView is Series B, Rev D, FRN 1.07, so I set the Catalog & Revision to FRN 1.04-1.xx , the biggest number under the 1.07 it says on the sticker of my PanelView. I also set the Node Type to SLC 5/03 - OS 302, but that shouldn't have mattered until I try to hook it up to the PLC.

Does that difference (1.07 vs. 4.10) mean my PanelView is older than the hills??

Anyway, it downloaded fine, so now I'm off to get it to talk to the PLC.

Guys - thank you very much for being there, with your expertise, and willing to share it. Some of this stuff is a bit sticky, so it helps to have you as resources.

Thanks again !!

Charlie

Thanks for coming back with your solution. Good to hear all is well.

And yes its old, but so am I.

SUCCESS - But why can't I see the PanelView in RSWho?

Mickey - that makes two of us. The PanelView is talking nice to the SLC, and controlling a conveyor, but the PV won't show up under the SLC in RSWho in Linx. Souldn't it? I've attached a pic of the whole shooting match - RSlogix 500 program, RSWho, RSlinx version info. It seems I should be able to see the PV under the SLC, since it's hooked up to the SLC via the DH-485 port.

Anyway, it works !! Wahoooo !!!

Thanks again. On to more complicated programs.

Charlie

rswho panelview.jpg