Intouch version 9/10

macadam

I have a customer who wants to run Intouch9 on a Intouch10 license. Is that possible?
I get a license error message when trying.

Why? It was possible to run old versions of Intouch with a higher license version, e.g. Intouch v.8 can run with v.9 license.
My customer wants to upgrade only size (number of tags) of the license.

I think Wonderware wants to force Intouch users to run v.10.

Well... The license itself doesn't matter so much - it might work (depends on what you're trying to do). But if you make changes to a v9 app with v10, then try to run it on v9 again, it will complain.

What exactly is the error you're getting?

The error I´m getting:
'The License File 'C:\...\wwsuite.lic' was located, but the Feature Line 'InTouch' could not be found inside of it.'

Wonderware changed the 'Feature Line' to 'InTouch_' in v10 (it´s not possible to alter the 'Feature Line' in wwsuite.lic)

I don´t want to upgrade the app. to v10. The plant only needs more tags and they don´t want to upgrade the InTouch version.

Why don't you want to upgrade the app to v10? They already own a v10 license, right? You buy the license, the media is "free"...

The conversion should be absolutely painless. You open the app with v10 WindowMaker. It will complain that it was developed with an older version and ask if you want to convert. If you answer yes, it will ask if you have it backed up. Then just set back and let it do it... It truly is that simple. 5 minutes, max.

Unfortunatly Version 10 is the first version which is not backward compatible, therefore a version 10 license will not work.

There are some reasons to not upgrade:
1. They don´t have a v.10 license, only v9 runtime.
2. They have some Intouch apps, running on v9.
3. I don´t have any v10 develop. license. I have to pay approx. $2000 for a 1-year 'Dev demo license'. Wonderware Scandinavia does only have one SI-level (Application Server and all of its components). You can´t be SI for InTouch only. Ok, I perhaps could get a free 30-day demo license, but it´s not very 'tempting'.:confused: