PLC lader timers and counter in S7 300

usman

Hello friends I start newly plc programing with S7 300 but I dont know how to set and S_CU up counter, can any one help me about that with all settings.

Thanks and regards
USMAN

Selecting the counter an pressing F1 will always give you some kind of help.

If you choose a CU-counter you have the option of a 'box':

on the top you"ll need to write the adres of the counter; exaple C0

on the left you'll have the input's:

CU: count-up signal example; I0.0
S: set signal; the counter will go to a presetvalue
PV: counter presetvalue example: C#5

R: reset, making the counter zero

on the right you'll have the output's:

Q: '0' if the countervalue is zero, '1' if the countervalue is not equal to zero

CV: countervalue as integer

CV_BCD: countervalue as BCD

Last edited:
Yeah the all I do same like that but its not stop on the same value many time I try it set same counter its count also but not stop on the CV velue. If you can give total advice to me.
Thanks and regards
Usman

The CV is only a preset-value. The counter will start again with this value instead of a previous value. Nothing more, nothing less.

Personally I like a CD-counter with the preset-value the value I want to count to. Then I will count down; example 5,4,3,2,1,0

I will will use the counter like this:

start C1 motor
-| |--| |--( )

Motor will be '1' if 'start' and C1 are '1'. C1 is '1' if it is still counting to zero.

When C1 = '0' , I will need to set the counter again to it's presetvalue at least if you want to start the motor again.

When you will use a CU-counter you will need to make a comparison if the countervalue is equal to a certain value on wich you want to make an action or stop an action.

Last edited: