Comparing Strings in Step 7

ylade

Hi,

I will be scanning in a barcode. Here I will compare the scanned string against a table (DB) of known barcodes. Has anyone used FC10 EQ_STRNG in a looping situation?

How do I referance a data address of a string. (i.e. suppose there is a string of 8 char's in DB5. How do I address this string within DB5 using DB5.DXXX ?

One method is to copy the relevant entry from the table to a temporary string variable whilst looping - you will then be able to call FC10 with two string variables.

Here's an example project that uses FC10 in a loop. The strings are of length 8. The code has been run using plcsim.

Similar Topics

can anyone tell me how to compare strings that store in DBs?thanks
Replies
Views
I’m running a micro 820 to measure a tank level, then turning on equipment at certain levels. I have an analog input (4-20) that I’m storing and...
Replies
Views
How do you go about implementing, on the M580 PLC, how many days, hours, minutes before a predefine event in the future? The RRTC_DT yields the...
Replies
Views
This is a Citect SCADA question I have Six variables of type REAL (Float) to compare and determine (identify) which variable has the highest...
Replies
Views
I have currently made a logic to read Serial input from a barcode scanner. The situation is that I need to read the barcode from the machine and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom