Ml 1000 in fault / can't enter run mode

Peacemaker

Hi, guys. I have fault alarm on my MicroLogix 1761-L32BWA. Fault LED is flashing with POWER LED solid on . After connecting to ML 1000 I can clear error meaasge "Retentive Data is Lost". But I cannot enter Remote RUN mode from Remote Program mode. When I try to enter RUN mode, "Retentive Data is Lost" appears again. I cannot get out of this fault condition by repeating the above-mention steps or power cycling or download program.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I've had this same problem in the past. It usually occurs when the 24V power was shorted by one of the input or output devices being powered from the ML. There is a system status bit that you can clear to reset the fault. Since the process that the ML was controlling did not require any retentitive data, I set the ML up to clear that bit if it started up in fault mode and that bit was set. I don't have the Logix 500 software loaded on this computer, so I can't be more specific as to what the bit number is. I hope this points you in the right direction.

Jemac

OK, I did have the software on this computer.
LAD 3 should be the USER_FAULT ladder
Add a rung with a XIC and assign an "always off" address to it then add an OTE and assign S:5/8 to it.

It does sound like you are shorting out the 24VDC PS with something. Probably an output if it faults when you go to remote run.

Good luck
Jemac

Last edited:
Great ,just what I was after,got the same problem.Jut gost rs500 and linx from rockwell that took some doing,hope I can clear this fault