ControllogixMotionControl-How to set axis home position

soda

Hello,

1.How to set axis (axis_servo_drive) as home position when the axis travel to specific position?
2. Does the instruction MAM could move axis to target position in both Forward and Revers direction?

Thanks

Soda

Hello,

1.How to set axis (axis_servo_drive) as home position when the axis travel to specific position?
2. Does the instruction MAM could move axis to target position in both Forward and Revers direction?

Thanks

Soda
Home position is set up usually through the setup of the axis under the tab "home".
You can define an absolute position and have the servo go to the position only in one direction or bi-directional (this depends on what you may have in your way while homing)

MAM can go both ways. You define direction when you execute the MAM.
Keep in mind that the MAM is a Go To position and should not be treated as a Jog To Position.
You'll need a MAJ to jog.

Hi Soda,

I do not know I got your question correctly, anyway,

If you want to perform a homing operation, initiate a MAH instruction [Of course you set the homing parameters before doing that in the axis properties - Mode, Position, offset, sequence, direction, speed etc]

If you want to define any other position as home [Variable home position] initiate a MRP[Motion Redefine Position] instruction with a position value as 0.00.

Or another way is to set the "Sequence" parameter in the axis properties to "immediate" and initiate a MAH instruction.

Best Regards

Last edited:
Thanks, It's realy help. But still a little confuse about what's difference between MAM and MAJ.
Not sure if it helps but:
MAM is an absolute move of sorts.
Once started you will move from point A to Point B (point B is defined within the MAM instruction) without stopping or interruptions, consider it a one shot-non stop move.
A MAH will start and can be stopped at intermediate points.
Works kind of like pressing a JOG button on a machine.
As long as the button is pressed
the motion starts from point A.
Once the button (or MAJ command in your case) becomes inactive, the motion stops at this point (even if you did not make it all the way to point B).