a programming consultation..

theripley

hi..
i have found a programming instruction for servo motor written in the following(MITSUBISHI PLC_FX3U)..

(DPLSY K30000 K15994 Y000)

dplsy stands for double word pulsing, am i ryt? the 1st K is the frequency in Hz, 2nd K is the pulses & y is the output.. (do i make sense?)
im a very much confused with the computation for the frequency & the pulsing..can anybody help meo_O

best regards (with continual aching head),
theripley

Hi there kababayan.

I hope i can help with your concern.

========================================================================
the main command for DPLSY is PLSY which output number of pulses S2 at the set frequency S1 on the given output address S3 (given that your output address is Y0 or Y1 and your PLC is transistorized type) When your command is only PLSY, your on 16 bit mode. This is the purpose of "D", once that you placed D on your PLSY command then this command is now on 32 bit mode. So more pulses you can generate.

here is the detail of the command:

[DPLSY frequency, number of pulse to generate, output address (Y0,Y1)]

I advice you also to try DPLSR which is also pulse generation but it have ramp up and ramp down function so that your servo motor will not go unto jerking when starting and stoping.

here is an example of DPLSR command

--[ XO ]-----------------------[DPLSR S1 S2 S3 S4]

SI - frequency
S2 - number of steps
S3 - ramp time min of 500 and max of 5000
S4 - output address (Y0,Y1)

if you need further clarifications, please let me know

========================================================================

Den Mark :)

regarding on computation of pulse and the freq. That depends on your application.

Ex. your motor has a default of .5 degrees per step. to complete a 360 degree turn,here is a simple calculation:

360/.5 = 720

so meaning to say, you will have to generate 720 pulses from PLSY. your frequency will depend if your application is high speed or not. but i prefer that you will run @ 30000 Hz

so heres the command:

--[ X0 ]----------------------[ DPLSY K30000 K720 Y0 ]

thru this, you can have a complete 360 degrees turn.

Note: if you have small number of pulses,i prefer that you will run it @ low frequency. just edit the first constant.

hope that helps.

wowowie:)

(y) tnx a lot den mark that really helps..
hmm, just one question is the 0.5 degrees per step indicated on the motor that i will use?is that a constant, depending on the motor? (do i get it ryt?)
i wanted to ask another question (if not too much 🍻)
i have seen this program so many times, tho i wud say i have understood but i nid a confirmation..here is the program..

(BMOVP D1100 D100 K10)

i've understood on the help file the following definition statement -- "a quantity of consecutively occurring data elements can be copied to a new destination. The source data is identified as a device head address (S) and a quantity of consecutive data elements (n)"

so, i am moving the content of data 1100 to data 100..hmm, but why do i nid to mov it?hmm, cud be to store the data till the next scanning time (provided it will not be use @ that instant, am i ryt?) my questions ARE :oops:: is the 1100 on D1100 a number value of an analog signal converted to digital? wat is the 100 in D100? lastly, wat does k10 stands for (a constant?)..

sori kbayan huh for these naive questions..nag-uumpisa plang kc aq matuto:whistle:

BMOVP means Block move data. (the P meaning pulse or one shot)
In this case it means move the numbers stored from D1100 to D1109 consecutively - to Data registers D100 to D109 consecutively (the K10 meaning how many D registers to move in one block)

Last edited:
regarding motor step, please refer it to your motor hardware manual. you can see if how many degrees can your motor move per step.

regarding move function. i am using this MOV when i am adding data ex.

-[M8000]-----------[MOV K5 D0]

-[M8000]-----------[MOV K10 D1]

-[X0]--------------[ADD D0 D1 D3]

so i use the MOV function so that D0 will have an initial value of 5 and D1 will have 10

after the add command, D3 will have a value of 15 because we add D0 and D1. basically on start-up all D registers (user defined) have a value of 0.

about D1100, the 1100 is just like an address number. so you can put some data inside that D1100.

K is a constant which you can put variables in it.

that's ok kababayan. i also passed on that stage. just read and be open minded to opinion and we should be thankful that we have thousand of
PLC programmer friends around the world willing to help us.

Last edited:
regarding move function. i am using this MOV when i am adding data ex.

-[M8000]-----------[MOV K5 D0]

-[M8000]-----------[MOV K10 D1]

-[X0]--------------[ADD D0 D1 D3]

so i use the MOV function so that D0 will have an initial value of 5 and D1 will have 10

Although this is true, by using M8000 the data will be put in these registers every scan as M8000 is the special relay 'always on' during run.

If you just want these values at power up or 'stop to run' then M8002 would be a better choice as this is a n/o contact that closes once on run

Yes Goody that's true.

My apologies,I haven't explained what M8000 is.

M8000 is a Run Monitor Flag which turns on when you toggle your PLC in run mode and retain high until it is on run mode.

Am I right friend goody? :)

tnx goody & den:)

hmm, i have a follow-up question regarding the mov functions (these have given me nostalgia, LOL)---- y do data are being mov from 1 location to another?..

(sori if this sounds an online tutorial, but iv been really thankful for you guys)

i have an example here:

M120 M24
--//---//---------[BMOVP D3011 D121 K7]

M120 M28
--//---//---------[BMOVP D121 D3011 K7]

the ladder seems to move data back & forth..y is dis necessary?

i hope ul help me wit this guys..
tnx in advance..